Wiring from kick stop switch on Meddings Drill

I have a Meddings M2 pillar drill which arrived as a box of parts to be assembled. The main components are all assembled and the 3phase motor is running off a small inverter.

At this point I've turned to some of the more minor parts. There is a kick stop switch in the base and it appears that the wiring runs up the inside of the pillar as there is a threaded gland which fits into the top of the pillar.

At this point it is less clear what happens. The cable presumably runs to the contactor (which I have rewired as a switch for the inverter) mounted to the left of the column at the top. But there is a belt guard which gets in the way; if I pass the wire through a hole in the guard then it makes it impossible to remove the guard completely from the machine!

Am I missing an obvious solution?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain