CNC router software

Hi everyone out there!
I wondered if anyone owning a cnc router could give me advice on th piece of code I wrote for my rattlebone machine.
The program can be retrieved following the link: http://piercarla.s5.com/software/rout.zip
I would be grateful if you could give me any suggestion and impressio regarding its use.
To have it working just unzip it in a directory and put the languag files in a subdirectory called .\lang Modifying the default.dat file allows to set the correct parameters t make it apt to work with your router. Drawings in dxf (acad12) format must be put in a .\disegni subdir Names above can be changed editing the default.dat file. Thanks!
PS I am not responsible for any damaged caused by the use of th software.
PPS Outer line for your experiment must be drawed in color white (7) an inner line must be set in any other color but WHITE (7) or BYLAYER o BYBLOCK. Point are recognised as holes. PCB can be cut setting the hight of th lines in the dxf drawning (es -0.1mm
-- pie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pier's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridR59 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid1911

Forbidden access to folder. Does it write G code?
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Try going to the main page John:http://piercarla.s5.com / Then click "Software", then the link to the router stuff. If you can't get it give me a shout and I will send it, it's only 50K.
TTFN
--
Geoff. Baxendale, Darwen, Lancashire.
Using Acorn StrongARM Kinetic RiscPC. A "Windoze-Free Zone."
-- pie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pier's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridR59 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid1911

able
for
the
--
> pier's Profile:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=52594
As a matter of fact I know that. You should change/create a modifie
copy of the original drawing whenever you decide to change tool. thought I could add some sort of text in the drawing with a reserve word (eg tool_radius) in order to get the program to read it directl from the dxf file. In that case I ought to work out a routine tha could recreate the new path and that would be looong as I am not professional programmer. I did a similar thing in my foam cuttin profile program but that is easier than in a more complicated drawing
-- pie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pier's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridR59 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid1911

Andrew's point is that having to change the drawing in order to use a different tool, or even to adjust the effective cutter size to account for a cutter that cuts slightly over or under nominal size, is a total PIA for the user. It is much more convenient to be able to define the tool size and have the software work out how far to offset from the lines on the CAD drawing. Of course, the software has to know which side of the line to apply the offset, so it is a harder problem to solve for the guy writing the code.
Regards, Tony