CNC router software

Hi everyone out there!

I wondered if anyone owning a cnc router could give me advice on th piece of code I wrote for my rattlebone machine. The program can be retrieved following the link:

I would be grateful if you could give me any suggestion and impressio regarding its use.

To have it working just unzip it in a directory and put the languag files in a subdirectory called .\lang Modifying the default.dat file allows to set the correct parameters t make it apt to work with your router. Drawings in dxf (acad12) format must be put in a .\disegni subdir Names above can be changed editing the default.dat file. Thanks!

PS I am not responsible for any damaged caused by the use of th software.

PPS Outer line for your experiment must be drawed in color white (7) an inner line must be set in any other color but WHITE (7) or BYLAYER o BYBLOCK. Point are recognised as holes. PCB can be cut setting the hight of th lines in the dxf drawning (es -0.1mm

-- pie

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pier's Profile:

this thread:

pier

Forbidden access to folder. Does it write G code?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Try going to the main page John:

click "Software", then the link to the router stuff. If you can't get it give me a shout and I will send it, it's only 50K.

TTFN

Reply to
Geoff. Baxendale.

Hi,

I meant to write some code in order to get rid of G-code. Anyone abl to use autocad could draw his piece to cut without knowing a thin about ISO language. Just feed it with an Acad 12 dxf file.

PS The more you are skilled with acad the easier. The correcton of tool radius has to be taken into account during th drawing process.

1) draw your piece; 2) use mainly polilines to get smooth movement of the tool; 3) change colors in WHITE (7) for outer lines and any other color fo inner lines; 4) save this drawing as being the original to work with n the futur for making alteration (a backup copy) 5) offset the outer lines out of a tool radius distance and erase th original lines offsetted; 6) offset the inner lines inward of a tool radius distance and eras the original lines offsetted

-- pie

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pier's Profile:

this thread:

pier

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

As a matter of fact I know that. You should change/create a modifie

copy of the original drawing whenever you decide to change tool. thought I could add some sort of text in the drawing with a reserve word (eg tool_radius) in order to get the program to read it directl from the dxf file. In that case I ought to work out a routine tha could recreate the new path and that would be looong as I am not professional programmer. I did a similar thing in my foam cuttin profile program but that is easier than in a more complicated drawing

-- pie

this thread:

pier

Andrew's point is that having to change the drawing in order to use a different tool, or even to adjust the effective cutter size to account for a cutter that cuts slightly over or under nominal size, is a total PIA for the user. It is much more convenient to be able to define the tool size and have the software work out how far to offset from the lines on the CAD drawing. Of course, the software has to know which side of the line to apply the offset, so it is a harder problem to solve for the guy writing the code.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree