Collets for a Myford MG12 cylindrical grinder?

Hi!

Can someone help me identify the collets for a Myford MG12-M cylindrical grinder? I contacted Myford, but they don't have them, didn't answer the question what type of collet it is and pointed me to Crawford Collets. But Crawford doesn't have them. :-(

The collet looks like an R8, but with different sizes: (I only have a centre, no collet at all) Length is about 68 mm Diameter of the cylindrical part is 22.2 mm Length of cyl. part is 55 mm Diameter of the conical part is 28.5 mm It has an inside thread for the drawbar with an ID of 17 mm Also a grove on the OD of the cylindrical part 3.2 mm wide and about 30 mm long.

Grinder was built 1961.

TIA, Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Nick, I have nothing in my Crawford catalogue.You might gain some info on this thread about a MG12.

mark

I have a book on an MG12, I'll look tomorrow to see if it sheds any light.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Thanks, I found that thread before. But no match. Not a 3C, not a 4C, not a

3B. And the tailstock has a MT2, not something special as some claimed in that thread. Must be a big mystery that Myford. :-)

I also don't have such an collet adapter on the workhead. But maybe that would be a solution if I don't find something else.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I do have the manual. But some very fancy! Some ... idiot translated it to German and I think left out some things. Disregarding the funny expressions he used somewhere. Only the original photos and drawings are included. Also, one wheel dresser I own is missing. It has a swiveling head and an arm that carries the diamond that can be fed in and out. Nice thing for dressing to any angle. Tricky to disassemble. I even ruined a ball bearing along that way. :-) And the radius dresser I have is also missing in that manual.

Looked at lathes.co.uk, but he doesn't have Myford grinders.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Nick It may be no help but my MG12 collets are all marked G7006 sometimes with a P after that. Additionally some also bear an "H".

hth

Reply to
Roland Craven

googled G7006P. It brings up a pdf of the Myford price-list. Text say 4C.

Reply to
Roland Craven

Nope! Not a 3AT, 3C, 3J, 4C, 5C, R8

Must be something Myford-specific (as mentioned in a thread at practicalmachinist). Seems I have to bite the regrinding or whatever to get a new center and the collets. :-(

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Reply to
Roland Craven

Seems it's best when I come back after I have disassembled the complete workhead. Needs some TLC and a paintjob anyhow.

The only thing puzzling me is the fact, that the centre in the workhead seems to be to no standard. Hope to sort that out with the parts disassembled and the drawings that came with. Also the 3 jaw chuck has an adapter that directly fits.

Anybody has a swiveling work-head that he doesn't need? :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Correct.

Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hi Nick,

Please checkout our website at

where you can buy-on-line, sellected items via PayPal.

We have a vast selection of Myford accessories and spares.

Thank you, regards,

Andrew P> Hi!

Reply to
jubileemactool