Dickson Toolpost Identification

I want to buy some more toolholders for the Dickson QC toolpost which came with my Boxford 5" AUD, the body of the toolpost is 73mm square, 56.5mm high and is marked 'S0/M NB'

The only information I have found so far (on the Tony Griffiths site) only lists an S0 with a body height of 51mm. Some dimension are also shown for the individual toolholders but these do not seem to tally with the toolholders I have.

Do Dicksons still exist or have a website? or can anyone suggest where I might find some more information.

TIA

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Ian Ph

which came

site) only

shown for

'"T2' size have a block approx 4" / 100mm square and take 20mm shank tools and fit Colchester Student / Masters and cost an arm and a leg even on eBay

If you look at:

You can scan down and see the various sizes

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew

The link you gave does take me to the Cromwell site but with no items matching.

I have tried several searches but have not found anything relating to Dickson. The site is probably great if you know their catalogue number but I could not even find a category that looked right. Having said that the site is fast being mainly text.

Ian P

Reply to
Ian Ph

Dicksons used to be part of Crawford Collets.Don`t know if they took them with them when they moved in beside Pratt Burnerd in Halifax.They are all owned by the 600 Group.I have a catalogue at the work for the toolposts but I think the last time I was buying holders I couldn`t find it and got the info of the net instead. Mark

mark

Reply to
cmsteam

The nearest online resource that I know of is on the J and L website:

Rotagrip in Birmingham list Dickson toolposts in their catalogue aswell but that's not online.

The toolpost height doesn't really matter much in terms of interchangeability. The same toolholder fits T0 and T1 toolposts but it's a different size. IMHO the important dimensions are the mounting slots.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

items

number but I

Must be a cookie or something. I just searched for 'toolpost' and got pages of dickson holders and blocks

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's the same size square as the Dickson toolpost that came with my Harrison M300, except my toolpost is 63mm high (which will be to account for the extra centre height of 6.5" versus 5"). I've always looked for holders that are the same width across the front as the originals -73mm - and they've fitted every time.

-Neil F.

Reply to
neil f

Its all starting to make sense to me now. I was previously confused because my toolpost had an 'S' prefix whereas most items I came across began with 'T'. I assume the Dicksons originals are 'S' and the clones are the 'T's so at least I know what to look for.

Thanks for the info.

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Ian Ph