Diesel engine to steam conversion

Hi, I have read on http://people.linux-gull.ch/rossen/solar/wcengine.html that it is possible to convert a diesel engine to steam,
While I am waiting for the Australians to get back to me, I wondered if any of you guys know of any web sites or publications that give the process in further detail.
I have searched the net without any success.
Thanks in advance.
Rick... (The other Rick)
Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

I think there was an article in the Model Engineer many years ago. "Converting an IC engine to steam". I think it used the bottom of the engine and attached the steam cylinders to where the head would have been. The old IC pistons then became the crossheads. Long time ago though. The ME index shows the articles in Vol 131.
regards
Dave Burrage

onhttp://people.linux-gull.ch/rossen/solar/wcengine.htmlthat it is possible to convert

wondered if any of you guys know of any

the
I seem to remember it was a BMC 'A' series bottom half in a Morris Minor - but I'm at the stage where more grey cells are dying than being created so this may just be ramblings <G>
AWEM

I am surprised that everyone does not know that memory impairment is actually caused by all available brain space already being in use to store vast amounts of knowledge acquired over many years. In order to make room for any new knowledge, something has to be erased. Younger people do not experience this because there is not much knowledge in there to begin with and thereby plenty of empty space. :>)
Don Young (USA)

IIRC, you don't create any more brain cells after some very early stage - may be birth or two years old, can't remember exactly (which is I suppose a somewhat self-referential thought!) and we all lose them at an alarming rate thereafter. So I guess we're all in the same boat.
David
--
David Littlewood

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:44:11 +0100, David Littlewood

I've got a K series engine that is starting to turn into a steam engine. But that's because the Head gasket is going :-(
Mark Rand RTFM
writes

stage
at an

engine. But

Is that in a Freelander Mark, or something more exotic?
AWEM
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:48:50 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Very exotic... Rover 100 :-(
I'm not sure if I can be bothered with doing the work and paying someone else would be more than it's worth. Alternate wheels are being negotiated.
Mark Rand RTFM