Digital Calipers

If there is anyone that have not got a Digital Caliper Netto are selling them on Monday 12th March for £7.99

Reply to
Bill

Colin Jacobs

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On 11 Mar, 17:54, Mark Rand wrote: I bought a similarly priced one from Aldi a while back. I don't want to imply that it was faulty, its just that it seems to have given me a number of inconsistent readings at times (when checked against a more expensive 'branded' model). Such that I dont really trust it too much anymore. Dont know if its just a one off, or a case of 'you get what you pay for'? regards Mike

Reply to
MikeH_QB

I bought three a while ago - two of them are fine, accurate to 0.01 mm, the third sometimes plays up a bit, and is then about 0.07mm out.

ymmv.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

On or around Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:45:37 +0000, Peter Fairbrother enlightened us thusly:

bought one from maplin, it seems OK but it's possible to push it too hard and make the reading a few thou' smaller. But I guess it's possible to do that with any caliper, just not so obvious.

Reply to
Austin Shackles