Digital calipers at £9.99

Noted today that Maplin have digital calipers on sale at £9.99

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Not quite sure why you say that. There are thousands of people out in the home engineering game that use "Chinese Scales" I have never yet seen comments that one supplier had a product more accurate than another. I have checked my calipers (which were £10 from CPC) against my slip gauges and see no problems.

You will probably find that these from Maplin are specified at Resolution .01mm Accuracy +/- .02mm

A Mitutoyo 6" Digimatic from J&L will cost you £121 Resolution .01mm Accuracy +/- .02mm

Obviously the quality of the grinding of the jaws is important however I have not yet seen problems.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards