E-Bay Lathe No 6276668512

If you were just unfortunate in not getting the Picasso, here is your next opportunity for an investment. Only =A39600 needed to put you in the market- so far.

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

If they're going for 30k second hand there must surely be a market for so= me=20 enterprising eastern gentleman to consider tapping ?

--=20 Boo

Reply to
Boo

Hi Boo, When Jacob made his lathes, they were for the Crowned heads of Europe. Legend has it that their Coats of Arms were cast in the lathe legs. Cost- and I go back a million years ago- was " a street of houses" So, we are not far out with 'an eastern gentleman' and that they turned ivory.

A goniometer is the forerunner to the Quorn. Oops, wrong Forum.

Well, now?

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Maybe some other lathes would also fetch a better price on eBay if only the seller knew the maker, the model, the age, the history, what came with it, and provided pictures slightly better than a black cat in a coal hole.

It looks very good for sixty years of disuse in a dry shed. I suspect they also tool the time to clean it up a little before taking it to market.

Lets face it, if old lathes suddenly go up in value, then many of us are richer as a result !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richardson

On the Practiical Machinist Forum, one of the regulars is writing about a proposed visit to Lenin- St Peteresburg Museums. He is interested in seeing the lathes from King Peter.

As I said, read my earlier posting

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674