Enough is enough

Gentlemen.

It grieves me to say this, as I have found this to be a fascinating and useful newsgroup, but my patience has finally expired with the recent petty arguments that have occupied this list, consequently I shall unsubscribe tonight. Now this is probably of no great loss to the group as I am only an occasional contributor, but I daresay there are many others vastly more knowledgeable than I who are silently doing the same. Their loss is what you should really be concerned with, not mine. All because of one man with a chip on his shoulder, who would disappear if ignored, and his protagonists who can not resist retaliating in public.

Sorry chaps, but goodbye.

Cliff Coggin Kent UK

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Cliff

I agree with most of your sentiments but differ in opinion inasmuch I don't think the original source of all the angst would go away 'if ignored'. One only has so see the tone of his first replies to new topics or the way he initiates topics to work that out.

For some time I protected myself from his tirades by having him as a blocked sender, unfortunately because responses from genuine contributors still get through I end up reading his ranting in their posts.

I am a very infrequent poster to this group but I am avid reader of it and regret that you feel you have to give it up.

I have just realised that there was no point in addressing this reply to you, as you have unsubscribed!

Long may this group flourish.

Ian Phillips

Reply to
Ian

And as one who learns much and contributes nothing I say hear hear. May I also respectfully point out that one sad individual (who could readily and universally be entered in the kill file/blocked senders list) has succeeded in modifying the language and behaviours of many of this august assemblage and the tone of the whole thing. To be blunt he has succeeded beyond even his fevered dreams and is even now probably crying with hysterical laughter over his Giro. For the love of sanity gentlemen: desist, refrain, cease. stop halt, quit..... The Tsetse fly's bite is trivial but the disease it carries is fatal ! regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I'm sorry to see you go, but I agree, I found the aggression of Mr.Jeffrey, coming on top of that of his associate, Mr.Stevenson to be way OTT.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

In message , Ian writes

There is a "third way"......

Don't bother "blocking senders" or filtering the posts out - it is more trouble than what it is worth. If you end of reading anything from him then do as I do - smile inwardly at the mans stupidity and pass along to the next without response or comment.

The trick (as far as I can see it) is not to respond directly to anything he writes. There is after all, tons of stuff on the 'net that we don't like or disagree with - why not treat the posts in question with the same contempt?

Yes, he may still post his ridiculous blatherings, Yes, you will still have to work around them but at least it won't be necessary for anyone to unsubscribe and lose the tremendous benefit that is being on this group. Life is too short and precious to have it upset by idiots.

Just my two penn'orth - flame proof jacket on :-)

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

No Pat I think this is probably the best way to go. Fortunately he seems to have disappeared over the last couple of days as no posts have shown up from him.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

I've found that on Forte Agent (and via Mailgate when at work) it's very simple to see the nature of the dialogue (and the participants) and just not bother to read any of it when the course and direction is so obvious.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

protagonists

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Grow up, OM. If you side with those whose contribution is somewhat immature....

Reply to
Ray E. Brain.

Reply to
Andrew Bishop