ER 20 Collets

I've seen an auction for "ER 20 collets". What does "ER' mean? Would they fit my Myford ML7 lathe? Regards, John

Reply to
JOHN CRAIG

ER is a style of collet, mostly used on milling machines.

they are double tapered, and each collet will cover a 1mm range.

Morse taper and straight shank holders are available, as well as the milling machine holders.

ER 20 is less popular than ER 16 or ER 25...

should have info,

their part no for a 7-6mm ER 20 collet is ERI-2067A, for a 2MT holder it's ERI-90040L.

hope this helps.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Er...I don't know ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

The ML7 uses MT2 collets! That's Morse Taper 2.

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

Hello John, Extended Range. If you look at any catalogue it will show that each collet has a range of 1mm ie a 20mm collet has a range of 19 to 20mm. Regards GeoffH Norfolk - UK

"We tried everything else, now let's read the directions."

Reply to
GeoffH