ER collets

Ah, I've always tightened the top of the drawbar with an 8mm spanne after screwing the (MT2) arbour onto the bottom. Maybe I should just d it up finger tight?

Brenda

-- anotheri

----------------------------------------------------------------------- anotherid's Profile:

this thread:

anotherid

ArcEuroTrade do a small catalogue but most of their stuff is on the web site, I've bought from both RDG and ArcEuroTrade and received excellent service from both. I don't believe that RDG are currently listing anything bigger than ER16.

The items I have purchased from ArcEuroTrade have been excellent quality and at very keen prices, they appear to put some effort into picking their suppliers. The collets, drills, centres, scales and chucks I have bought from them have all been excellent. I buy mostly from the various shows they attend but I understand they do an excellent postal service as well. Ketan Swali, the owner, posts on here occasionally and appears extremely friendly and knowledgeable when I've spoken to him at the shows

Best regards

Keith

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Point to note with Arc Euro is that Ketan has gone walk about for two weeks so there is no one there to ship orders.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Not that little. Just a medium pull. When opening it, it should go loose with a jerk (mill in one of the lower backgears). The drawbar on my mill got twisted by some idiots that closed it to much. No, the idiot was not me, it is at least second hand.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

In article , anotherid writes

I am surprised Axminster did not respond; I have bought things from them mail order several times and I have found them excellent. However, they do major in woodworking and general building tools, with a modest selection of engineering stuff. Their catalogue is online at

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

I have just bought (on ebay) one of the very fairly priced Deckel ER3

adapters and a set of 18 collets which include all sizes up to 13mm then 16 and 20 mm for milling cutters, and also all the imperial size for milling cutters up to 3/4". Total cost just over £100 plu postage.

Phi

-- pgp00

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp001's Profile:

this thread:

pgp001

How does one hold an ER25 collet holder when removing the collet nut? I

there a flat on the body? I'm looking at a picture in the Warc catalogue and it isn't obvious.

Brenda

-- anotheri

this thread:

anotherid