Felt for way wipers

Anyone know where I can get 3/16" felt suitable for remaking way wipers It nees to be quite dense and tough.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I've taken to using neoprene rubber - doesn't seem to trap small swarf quite so easily.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I got some felt from a guy who has a stall at various old engine rallies, he supplies material for the stationary engine crowd,. The stuff looks the part. I've used piano felt in the past, it works but even the hardest is a bit on the soft side.

I've got some machine way wipers, a neoprene (or similar) squeegee form with a steel reinforcing strip moulded in. Got far more than I'll use in my life time, I'll gladly trade some for beer vouchers for anyone in need.

My gut feeling is that the squeegee type will be good as long as nothing gets past them. If it does, it'll grind back & forth for ever, whereas a felt wiper will pick up small particles & they hopefully won't do so much harm embedded in the felt.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:35:54 +0000, Tim Leech

This looks promising:

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles , I have a some felt let me know the size you want and i'll cu

a piece off and post it, Regards Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

Hello Charles Appologies for the less than flattering spam-trap email address, I haven't edited my user details yet. I have the same problem with wipers and will try this bunch

Rgds Richard

If you want to email me use shark-facepilot at toucansurf dot com

Reply to
Richard

Thanks David I'll measure the pieces in the morning.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

David Been out and measured. I can get everything I need out of a piece 8" x 1.5" Contact me via email for postal address etc

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Thats no problem Charles to let you have that, it is 3/16 inch so wil

suit you. One problem I need your email address can't get it on here ? to ge your postal address. Davi

-- stereotyp

----------------------------------------------------------------------- stereotype's Profile:

this thread:

stereotype

Thanks David. I didn't know that the RC groups feed couldn't see it. wells_hall [at] yahoo.co.uk

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping