Following on from 'Rust in Workshop'

It was in effect oil firing, the stuff was preheated, so probably not a bad job at all.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Depends at which point in the process you are talking about, raw crap will be a tad to wet I suspect , but I'm sure that the dried waste left over after all treatments have been carried out could be made to burn - BUT - isn't that by-product far to valuable to just burn, isn't there other uses to which it is already being put to, I'm sure that it's used as a fertilizer and in some other process already.

Reply to
:Jerry:

not enough fibre - camel dung is basically compressed plant fibres - like the recycled paper "logs".

too much animal matter in human waste.

knowsthorpe at Leeds grows some really nice tomatoes tho...

Reply to
bigegg

can't say I

...ah, but the tomato plants at sewage works are usually self seeded from seeds that have passed though the human gut. Now at many power stations the seeds probably come from a packet, but the copious hot water available ensures a good early crop

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

and already cooked as well?

any way, back on topic...

I find a wipe over with cheap diesel motor oil (15w40) for 8 quid a metric gallon (5 litres) keeps rust from forming - I also use it as cutting fluid when drilling.

I'll see what it's like on the lathe if I ever get it up and running - probably a bit thick, but I'm guessing some paraffin will thin it down.

Reply to
bigegg

In the case of those grown near Sellafield, Microwaved! :~0

Reply to
:Jerry:

anyone used the Rustillo rust preventative products from Castrol ?

Derek

Reply to
dm

Try Eureka Fluid Film: