Following on from 'Rust in Workshop'

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:16:02 GMT, "Cliff Coggin"

It was in effect oil firing, the stuff was preheated, so probably not a bad job at all.
Tim

<snip>
Depends at which point in the process you are talking about, raw crap will be a tad to wet I suspect <g>, but I'm sure that the dried waste left over after all treatments have been carried out could be made to burn - BUT - isn't that by-product far to valuable to just burn, isn't there other uses to which it is already being put to, I'm sure that it's used as a fertilizer and in some other process already.
Cliff Coggin wrote:

not enough fibre - camel dung is basically compressed plant fibres - like the recycled paper "logs".
too much animal matter in human waste.
knowsthorpe at Leeds grows some really nice tomatoes tho...
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

one but

cooking
to fire

can't say I

...ah, but the tomato plants at sewage works are usually self seeded from seeds that have passed though the human gut. Now at many power stations the seeds probably come from a packet, but the copious hot water available ensures a good early crop
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

and already cooked as well?
any way, back on topic...
I find a wipe over with cheap diesel motor oil (15w40) for 8 quid a metric gallon (5 litres) keeps rust from forming - I also use it as cutting fluid when drilling.
I'll see what it's like on the lathe if I ever get it up and running - probably a bit thick, but I'm guessing some paraffin will thin it down.
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

In the case of those grown near Sellafield, Microwaved! :~0
anyone used the Rustillo rust preventative products from Castrol ?
Derek

think
Could
Try Eureka Fluid Film: http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com .