No longer an EBay virgin :-)

I got a nice email today:-

Dear mark_rand, >thanks for negative feedback i will leave u the same now to ruin your 100% >score >thank you >-villakylexx

I'm quite chuffed. It has restored my faith in modern society.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I wonder if anyone has tested libel law in respect of malicious Ebay feedback yet. Established internet case law makes the publisher (i.e. the ISP, forum, website etc), in this case Ebay, jointly liable with the author of false or malicious defamation. The Godfrey v Demon Internet case was one of the first and best known but it's fairly common now.

It's not exactly clever to send your target an email making it clear that the feedback is solely malicious.

Reply to
Dave Baker

As long as you had good reason to leave a negative, I'd be inclined to report that to ebay immediately.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I would not have took the chance on second hand brake stuff ...

also a lot of brake cylinders fit other cars ...

I got holds of the part numbers ...for several vehicles that had the same master cylinder as my rover 420. and this came up after about a few days of looking

saved my bacon ... as new they are =A3180

the guy advertised yours as good working order ...

so he is in the wrong....BUT

if you would have left the feedback for another month ...then ...the new ebay rules mean that he cant leave you a negative.

does not always go my way ...........this cable was sold to me as a new one, a month back ...

as you can see the cable is faulty ...and has the end of it sticking out ...

had to grind the end of the cable to make it fit ......he's not had the feed back off me yet ......he will when the new rules come in .

this is the sale ...these things are =A325 for a pattern one from my local car spares place

all the best.....mark

=2E

Reply to
mark

C'mon Mark...you can't stop there...spill the beans...tell us the full story

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I reckon eBay is just like the world at large. Loads of really great people and a few bad apples. Its always the few bad ones who get all the press and the thousands of fair, reasonable people making deals who go unremarked (though even some of them have the odd bad hair day

- I know I do). The feedback system can improve the odds - but that's all.

For all eBay's failings (mostly human failings) it is a great way for someone with some rare lump of metal in his garage to find the one person the other side of the country (even the world) who wants it. For that reason alone I will put up with the odd sod.

Last week I needed some 10BA nuts and a No 2 Morse finishing reamer, and there they were on eBay, and a couple of days later, here they are in my workshop - suits me ! Bought my little tube furnace from Germany via eBay, and the solid state relay and temperature controller were from the states (via eBay). Did I mention my car, my lathes, electric motors, my power hacksaw, bench drill, hardness tester, taps, dies, stationary engine, old books, CDs , Skype phone, even my jeans...need I say more...I think it is a great invention.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve