Boxford 'Raising Blocks'

I have a 5" Boxford AUD, the fixed steady it came with is for a 4 1/2" lathe.

Does such a thing exist as a 1/2" thick pad that has male and female 'Vee's to fit the bedways so that it can be used to raise the centreline?

Alternatively, if anyone has a 4 1/2" lathe and a 5" steady we could do an exchange.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Phillips

Bugger! I had a 5" steady, but fleabayed it a couple of months ago 'cos I have the opposite problem (4 1/2" lathe). May be interested in the 4 1/2" steady if you decide to sell it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Ian, I have been asking myself that question recently. I don't have a steady at all and the ones that come up for sale always seem to be for

4.5". May I suggest you ask the question on
as well although they are a knowledgeable lot on here too. Roy
Reply to
elj221c