Boxford 'Raising Blocks'

I have a 5" Boxford AUD, the fixed steady it came with is for a 4 1/2" lathe.
Does such a thing exist as a 1/2" thick pad that has male and female 'Vee's
to fit the bedways so that it can be used to raise the centreline?
Alternatively, if anyone has a 4 1/2" lathe and a 5" steady we could do an exchange.
Ian
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:02:48 +0100, "Ian Phillips"

Bugger! I had a 5" steady, but fleabayed it a couple of months ago 'cos I have the opposite problem (4 1/2" lathe). May be interested in the 4 1/2" steady if you decide to sell it.
Richard
Ian, I have been asking myself that question recently. I don't have a steady at all and the ones that come up for sale always seem to be for 4.5". May I suggest you ask the question on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoxfordLathe-UserGroup/messages as well although they are a knowledgeable lot on here too. Roy
--
elj221c