Frustration is .....

Pulling a nail from a spare piece of wood. Despite your vice-like grip, the pliers slip off, your elbow travels back at high speed and bruises into the bench vice. You drop the piece of wood which lands on your favourite scribing tool***** which just happened to be half on and half off the bench. The scriber is launched into a roly-poly base-over-apex flight across to the nether regions of the workshop where it takes 3 hours of moving the scrap about to recover it.

It would have been quicker all-told to have gone down to B&Q and purchased a new piece of wood to suit the job in hand, which time and inconvenience you were trying to avoid in the first place!

***** Even though you've got 3 other scribers that would do any job that comes along, it doesn't feel "right" unless you're using your favourite.
Reply to
Magnum

I had to laugh, it's so true to life!

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

No, I think you'll find it's having to make a flywheel magneto puller because SWMBO wants the grass cut and the mower won't spark, borrowing one would mean a 20-minute drive, on getting half-way through tapping the hole for the extractor bolt and backing out the (sole 10mm) tap, only to find the tap wrench has come loose so it drops to the floor of Messy Shed 1... And after a fruitless two-day search and tidy of the shed (including emptying

*every* box and bin of TQT, wellies and toolboxes to investigate) getting so frustrated you hit the pigging flywheel with a big rubber hammer, only to have it drop off the taper, nice as you please...

At least I sorted the shed, though. Ended up with enough space for the Crap Old Lathe. Yay. Now to get the countershaft made.

And the tap finally turned up, some weeks later, in the first box (full of HD cables) I emptied in the search. Arse.

Mower still isn't right, though - anyone have a source for a Suffolk Punch manual, the odd-one-out (1980's?) with the Dell'orto carb and in-the-crankcase governor? No Identifying Marks on the motor, which really helps...

Dave H.

Reply to
Dave H.