FS - Engineering In Miniature - The 1st 20 years + Latest issies - £40

In order to make room for my newly-acquired pile of
ME, I'm going to dispose of my EIM.
I've got the first 20 years mostly complete (a few "official"
photocopies in the early years), then there's a gap of a couple
of years up to the Half-size turret clock. (I'm keeping those issues
'cos I'm building it), then it's complete up to date. Probably
a couple of "subscription bonds" in the last year's lot.
So, say £30 which is what I paid for the first 20 years, plus
£10 for the recent couple of years (including the latest issue) - £40.
or SWAP for a clock depthing tool, or a pair of 0.8 module
wheel and pinion cutters, or WHY.
Reply to
Airy R. Bean
It's a bargain already without being troubled by posting it.
What part of the country are you in?
How complete? Mostly. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
Can you assure me that you are not a dealer, and are acting for yourself?
Reply to
Airy R. Bean
I advise you NOT to enter into any deal with "Airy R Bean". Most of all DO NOT let him have your contact details, especially if you have children.
Reply to
Gareth S Nemisis
You are talking to the man who threw a fettled casting worth £118 in the dustbin, partly because he didn't want to carry it to the Post Office to return it. HTH
Reply to
Binary Era
Thanks for your interest - but they've now been disposed of locally.
I note, BTW, from the Tee Publishing Website that the first 20 years' are worth £300 - unfortunately I had/have a moral restriction on realising that value, because the first owner gave them to me conditional on my making a £30 donation to charity, and therefore it was impossible for me to pass them on other than for the same price, else I'd be diddling the original owner.
Reply to
Airy R. Bean
I would have thought that if you had sold them for £300 deducted your costs and passed the rest to charity, the original owner would have been highly delighted.
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Perhaps he would and then again perhaps he would not, but I'm against charity, and so I gave him an open cheque and welcomed him to keep the money for himself. If he then chose to pay it to some charity - that was his affair. Whatever he did with the money was up to him, but it does not alter the fact that he made an attractive offer to me as a beginner, an offer which I would not do the dirty on.
Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Site Timeline