German VDF lathe

Hi all,

I have just purchased a vdf lathe does anyone have one or know anythin about them. Thanks Dic

-- rjelli

----------------------------------------------------------------------- rjellis's Profile:

this thread:

rjellis

You'll have to be more specific. VDF is an acronym for Vereinigte Drehbank-Fabriken which translates basically to: Combined Lathe Makers. They were:

Gebr. Boehringer G.m.b.h., Göppingen Franz Baun A.-G Zerbst Heidenreich & Harbeck, Hamburg H. Wohlenberg Komm.-Ges., Hannover

Chances are it's a VDF Boehringer, as they made a range that included the smallest lathe in the group. However depending on your shed size, VDF Heidenbeck & Harbeck made lathes of a size that I would feel comfortable with in a shed. Qualitywise, there would be none better.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom, thanks for info. When I have it delivered, how do I find ou what Model it is or serial no. It looks as if it has a 7"x 36 capacity plus a gap bed [with gap] thank goodness as without it woul have been useless. I do need a 3jaw chuck for it though. It has been barn [farm] stored for a few years but looks as if it wil be a good'un. Dick Ellis [Rutland u.k.

-- rjelli

----------------------------------------------------------------------- rjellis's Profile:

this thread:

rjellis

View this thread:
A pic is truly worth a 1000 words, they say, Dick. Depending on age it could be an E1 or if later, an 18 RO.. But E & OE.. With the ususal Teutonic efficiency, the makers plate will have the required info and the serial # should be on the bed at the tailstock end as well.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi Tom

The lathe is in the shed and having a clean and oil up. I can send pic. of it if you contact me, Richard_ellis at tesco.net --- A label o the headstock says GRD and stamped on the tailstock end of bed is V and the serial number. Regards Dic

-- rjelli

this thread:

rjellis

The company I work for is looking for a second vdf tracer lathe. Does anyone know where a used lathe is available?

Reply to
Delta Tom