Goo ?

Anyone know what the plastic goo on the better cutting tools is, and if/where it's available?

I don't know what it's called, so googling prolly won't help me.

I'm referring to the plastic sheath stuff, usually a mm or so thick, which covers the cutting edges of new slitting saws, etter drills, and so on.

The reason I'm asking is that I've had a bit of a mishap, and cracked the edges off some carbide spotting and center drills left loose in a tobacco tin, and I don't want to do that again.

Thanx,

-- Peter Fair

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Drink lots more wine. The corks come in very useful.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Try Crocel:-

Can be melted in a paint kettle over a camping stove. Can also give you nasty burns :-(

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Could probably achieve the desired result with a hot melt glue gun.

Regards Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

cracked

It's called Crocel and J&L stock it. You can buy an (expensive) special Crocel Pot to melt it, and until I sourced a cheaper s/h one, I very sucessfully used a small deep fat fryer from Argos. Get one where the element is bonded to the outside of the pot rather than immersed in it for ease of clean out. The temperature range of the fat fryer is ok for Crocel down the bottom end.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson