Google Patents

Following on from the previous thread about patents, Google has now got in on the act.

It's only the USPTO patents at the moment, but its definitely easier to use and get the scanned images out of it.

E.g. using the elmer patent as an example, It also brought up patent 3812829. Which has a detailed drawing of an improved version of the combined valve/injector assembly

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Brilliant, With Firefox and IE, and all the plug in's I still wasn't able to see the pictures from the US Gov site. This is a definite improvement.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

On or around 14 Dec 2006 10:48:53 GMT, Mark Rae enlightened us thusly:

blimey.

'ere:

I don't claim to have studied it, but I'm surprised it's possible to find variations on the steam engine to patent.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:50:37 GMT, John Stevenson enlightened us thusly:

best bit about that is the random selection on the home screen.

It's come up so far among other things with a monkey-shaped camera bag, an improved ouija board, and novel angled push-pins.

Reply to
Austin Shackles