recycle symbols

I need a Pro/E Iges or any compatible file for the recycle symbol, any ideas or any one have one..

thanks in advance

Ken

Reply to
Ken

I've probably said this every time it comes up, but I've found the best way to get a recycle symbol is to buy the font, and cerate it as a datum curve. it's much easier to scale it, and it will be a consistent symbol. that said, if you are tooling a plastic part, the toolmaker should be able to buy an off the shelf insert with the appropriate symbol so it should be enough to indicate o na drawing the size and location of the symbol

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig stevens

: > thanks in advance : >

: > Ken : >

: >

: I've probably said this every time it comes up, but I've found the best way : to get a recycle symbol is to buy the font, and cerate it as a datum curve. : it's much easier to scale it, and it will be a consistent symbol. that said, : if you are tooling a plastic part, the toolmaker should be able to buy an : off the shelf insert with the appropriate symbol so it should be enough to : indicate o na drawing the size and location of the symbol : : cheers : Craig : Follow this link to Google Images and you'll find a wealth of published recycle symbols

*&btnG=Google+Search Also,
has at least one dingbats type recycle.ttf in a font format, scaled to different point sizes with plastic code numbers in the middle.

That said, these may or may not be useful, depending on what use you plan to make of them. If you just wanted to decorate a model with a decal, using the Pro/e Appearance manager, either the graphic files or the dingbats font would be suitable.

If, on the other hand, you were hoping to use the graphic to create 'use edge' curves for projecting onto a surface to create an offset (raised or depressed) feature, neither the graphics nor the dingbats type fonts will do. These are simply scanned, bitmapped images as produced by a paint program. You need vector graphics such as produced by a drawing program, with line geometry and hard edges which Pro/e can trace. Or, you could take the graphics files and use a ray trace program to outline the graphics and possibly produce a drawn symbol. Or, you could bite the bullet and sit down with a drawing program and produce one yourself quicker than all of our searching. Maybe you were hoping that some tireless, generous person had already done that and would give it to you. Good luck!

But Craig is right about the callout on a print, indicating size and position on a mold cavity. The symbol is a stock, inserted item, widely available from mold component manufacturers.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Here's a dirty work-around:

Scan the symbol on a flatbed, and take the bitmap and apply it as a decal to the surface in question, at 1:1 or whatever ratio you want. Then, do a sketched datum curve on it and trace it in sketcher; the sketch then doesn't have to close. Finish the cut or protrusion off by doing use edges or whatever it takes to get sketcher to close.

Regards Peter Brown

Reply to
Pete

We are the toolmakers, and I do know about the symbol inserts but i have to create it on a non-flat surface, so i was hoping there was a iges file available. where can i buy the font?

Ken

Reply to
Ken

We plan on machining directly into the core of this mold, so curves would work i can project them unto the surface and create a toolpath from that.

Reply to
Ken

Apparently, Ken, you didn't get the font I sent you with the recycle symbol in it. If you'll send me your email address, I'll send you the font with instructions for using it to create the projected curves you need to create.

David Janes

: > Ken : >

: > > > thanks in advance : > > >

: > > > Ken : > > >

: > > >

: > > I've probably said this every time it comes up, but I've found the best : > way : > > to get a recycle symbol is to buy the font, and cerate it as a datum : > curve. : > > it's much easier to scale it, and it will be a consistent symbol. that : > said, : > > if you are tooling a plastic part, the toolmaker should be able to buy : an : > > off the shelf insert with the appropriate symbol so it should be enough : to : > > indicate o na drawing the size and location of the symbol : > >

: > > cheers : > > Craig : > >

: > >

: > >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
David Janes

I'm not, sure. I used to work with graphics guys, and they would create the font with fontographer. We also used to cerate company logos with them. it took about as much time to create them as it would in CAD, and then we could use them very easily. I think if you did a search on the 'net, you should be able to find a distributor, and about US40-80.

cheers Craig

Reply to
craig stevens

snipped-for-privacy@kjprecision.com