Greaseless Polishing Compound

I bought some greaseless polishing compound awhile ago & have only just come to use it. I've got 80, 150 & 300 but I can only get a mop to take
the 80 !
I'm using coloured stitch mops, when applying the 150 / 300 bars it just seems to melt the surface a little.
Whats gone wrong & whats the solution ????
On 16 Jun, 14:22, Barnaby Wilde <"Percussion Engineering"> wrote:

The technique is to push it very hard agaist the wheel untill it almost stalls out ...thereby ...melting it into the wheel ...
You then let the wheel spin freely for a couple of mins to set it ... Then the wheel is ready
all thew best.markj
mark wrote:

That's what I'm doing but the mop is not taking up the compound. It seems to melt the surface of the bar a little but the mop is definately not picking up any abrasive.
On 16 Jun, 17:02, Barnaby Wilde <"Percussion Engineering"> wrote:

if thats "lee compound" sold in sealed sausages, you are using ... the stuff has a shelf life of not very long
it should be of the constituency of cured silicone sealant ...if its hard ...like old putty ...its no good.
all the best.markj
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:02:52 +0100, Barnaby Wilde <"Percussion Engineering"> wrote:>mark wrote:

You can try wetting the soap with a little lighter fluid, this sometimes works with very dense soaps.
Regards,
www.shwoodwind.co.uk