hiding edges?

Hello,

I am followong regulary this newsgroup and found many good tips and tricks. Thank you all for this.

I started my own bussines some 2 months ago. I must say that i am very pleased to have bought a sw2004 license. I'm coming from pro-e and this was making me mad with all the mouse clicks and the sea of options. For all you mold makers that have to work a lot with imported models en 3d milling en complex surface modelling have a check to

its just a great tool.

My problem is the following.

When i want to hide some edges in the drawing module. I select the edge and hide edge. But sometimes the edge stays visible. When i select the edge again the only option i have is show edge. Any one a solution for this problem. Because i find it very important to produce neat drawings.

Regards

Jean-Baptiste

Reply to
zmirk

Right click and take "select other"....sometimes it work and You'll find another edge to hide

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Thanks

i have tried that it doesn't find anything else in general this problem happens in partial section views

Jean-Baptiste

Reply to
zmirk

You might have to go through the painful change of changing the oreintation of that view and all the others (in the part) so you can see both edges causing the line to continue to show up in the drawing. Once you get the model turned enough and save under your orientation. Go back to the drawing, then you can pick on both visible edges and hide both of them. Then go back to the model and re-orient the model to the way it was before.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

try hiding the edge in the parent view if that is possible.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Scott

That's pretty clever