swCP3

swCP3 1.00 Preview Version is now available for download at:

swCP3 is a fully customizable, XML based, SolidWorks Custom Properties Editor.

-mvk

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

Hey Vinodh,

I don't mean to nit-pick, but, "Frame II", "Frame Three". Could you be a little more consistent?

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi MVK!!

Sweet little program. Looks very promising. Great job so far.

I love the configurability & "open architecture"!!

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Muggs,

I don't mean to nit-pick, but, "Frame II", "Frame Three". Could you just edit the swCP3.xml file if you don't like it?

SMA

(Sorry - couldn't resist - big salute & smile too - happy Friday)

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

I just meant to indicate that you can name them whatever you want...

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

Sorry Vinodh,

I didn't realize that you (I) could name them whatever I wanted. My bad. I'll try to be a little more understanding next time. Anyway, so far it looks like a very nice program!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I have had a play around with this program and would like to add a few comments.

It's cool, the best so far, but,

1, NameWithPath is too constrictive and could be very long!, can we just have FileName without the path?

I see this is found using the dll file, so should be easy to add FileName and edit the XML file to suit.

2, Could the part number generated, be used as an incremental document number, with a check to see that the number is only used once, in some sort of database?

This would save on having a separate, part, assembly and drawing number generator, heaven for most people like moi !!

Please keep up the good work :)

Reply to
Pete Newbie

Hey, it's quiet alright. My question: What does "My bad" mean? I see it quiet a lot on the web...

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

swCP3 1.10 Preview Version is now available for download at:

This version has a fully customizable "get next number" functionality.

-mvk

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

LOL! Well, it means "My Mistake" or "the misunderstanding was on my end, not yours".

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hi, yep! like the new function,but I can not get the number to go into the Number properties in the part file properties? Also not all of the data gets into the part files properties. Would this be the reason that the number fields are blank in swCP3 when you re-invoke the program in a saved part?

Reply to
Priorclavepf

Hi, Vinoch I'm having problems with properties not being enterd. The most important question is when will it be ready for use..........I WHAT IT NOW!! Great WORK! this is realy looking good. I checked 2005 will not have any new custom prop. addition like this.

Reply to
Steve Hanwright

The "Preview Version" will save only the first five properties! This is because swCP3 is not fully tested... and I am adding still more features to it right now. You can move the Serial Number field up the list (within the first five) to save it.

mvk

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

"fileName" is available, please read the documentation...

I think you must read the documentation! thanks for your encouraging comments, anyway.

mvk

Reply to
GreenHex

Believe it or not I just heard this "My bad" on the radio in Milwaukee, WI and the announcer used to be a high school English teacher (maybe why he's in radio now). It seems to be very improper English, maybe the internet and email is dumbing down our communicated language. My mother was an English teacher and if I had stated this, she would have corrected me, then smacked me!

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Usually it's smack first to get your attention, and then do the correcting. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

She is a liberal, other way around!

correcting.

Reply to
Keith Streich

Hello again,

If any of you sent any mails to GreenHex @ indiatimes . com, for some reason I didn't get it. From now on, please write to GreenHex @ yahoo . com

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M

"Vinodh Kumar M" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

May I advise against using the "@" anywhere possible, to avoid being spotted by the robots that collect adresses to spam.

My .01 Eu

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Of course... On the lighter vein, I have become an expert at scanning

200 mails in 5 seconds and figuring-out the ones actually meant for me.

mvk

Reply to
Vinodh Kumar M