Heat treating EN8

I have to make a batch of T bolts for my own use, they are m8 about 2 1/2" under the head with a 7/8" diameter head about 5/15" thick.
I have in stock some 1" en8 that I could use and I was wondering about heat treatment to improve performance. The question is can I do this at home using similar methods as we all use for silver steel (cherry red then quench, clean up and quench at correct colour on reheating) . I have considered case hardening as an alternative. What do you all think? Thanks Peter
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:49:43 -0800 (PST), Drawfiler

Absolutely you can, as it's 0.4% carbon steel.. Heat it up to 'cooked carrots' and quench. Oil would probably be sufficient unless you want it harder with a water quench.
Peter