Help with HArrogate Trader...

I'm after a casting for a 9-10 inch flywheel casting for a single cylinder mill engine. One on the traders was going to look through his pattern stock for me, but I didn't note his name. He did take my details, but I want to put in a call to check progress.

The stand was the first stand as you walked thorugh the cafe area into the second hall. On the left was the paint striping man and on the right the pop-pop boats man. Straight in front of the centre aisle was the one - anyone remember ? He had a couple of model stationary engines on display and various castings and loco bits hung up.

Alternatively if anyone has a flywheel casting about 9-10 inch diameter, about 3/4inch rim, 6 round spokes (Same form factor as the Stuart Victoria) then drop me a mail. The original will have been cast iron.

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Was not there but sounds like Engineers Emporium as they often sell flywheels

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

Even if it wasn't them looks like a hot lead - thanks

Reply to
Steve W

Itwas the Engineers Emporium as I recalll they had one of their engines running at times

Mike Cole

Reply to
Mike cole

Yes they usually have their Economy Hit and Miss running, Bit too big for me to get on my lathe so I scratch built my hit & miss but used Stuart Turner flywheels.

Another possibl source would be the flywheel from a traction engine, the 2" fowler has a 9" x 3/4" one though the rims are not as thick.

Jason

Reply to
jasonballamy

Very nice engine!