Wembley

Does anyone who went to the last model engineering exhibition at Wembley remember a stand that were selling casting kits of quite large (9/10" flywheel)steam engines? As you came in the door it was across to the right and near the toilets as I remember. Some of the kits they had were either in bronze or cast iron and were of quite an unusual design. Trapezium and Steeple engines if my memory serves but also a couple of beam and half beam kits. I brought home a catalogue and now winter is approaching I thought I would "vanish" outside to the workshop with one of their kits but can I find the ###### catalogue? I expect "oh great one that haunts the kitchen" has used the back of it for her shopping list. No, I do her an injustice, she is very understanding of my hobby. "Hello dear, yes just coming" If anyone can remember the name of the company or has an address either post or web I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I bought a Stuart beam engine from Bruce engineering stand near where you said. others could be Blackwell engineering or Engineers emporium all I think did kits that you mentioned. Mike ps nearly finished my beam engine

Reply to
Mike D

Thanks Mike and thanks all who replied. It was in fact Bruce engineering and the engine I was interested in was the Trapezium. Below is an extract from an email they sent me, it seems they have been taken over by POLLY MODEL ENGINEERING. Thanks again and would be interested in how the Beam Engine turned out. No pun intended.

Tony

"Please except my apologies for the delay in getting back to you with the price for the engine on the email that you sent to Bruce Engineering,but the business was sold to us on the !st of September (based in Nottingham)and it is taking us a while to get up to speed. the cost of this engine is still £105 plus P&P and is in stock."

Reply to
Tony