Wembley

Any one going to Wembley over Friday/the weekend? I'll be skulking around tomorrow pm.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles, if you fancied doing Saturday or Sunday, give me a shout. I can't do Friday PM as I don't think I'd be able to get there before the

4PM last entry.
Reply to
Duncan Munro

sorry Duncan - I'm sloping off from work to go.....

Charles Ping

British Industry at it's best

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Hey, I've earned the time off!

Charles Ping

CP .....

JS .....

CP .....

Well it is Poets day after all :)

Reply to
Mike Whittome

What views on Wembley?

I went today and thought it was quite a good show. However I heard a few comments on the lack of models.

Now the show hall was full so there was not much room to get any more in and I guess it's first come first served on the stands. Many of the models have been seen before and its good that their owners take the trouble to display them. But a glance through any of the modelling mags or a visit to rallies will evidence that there are a wealth of models out there to be seen. So what puts people off showing them (Including me!!)

In my case it cost me about £100 to get my model to and from the Castle Donnington show in the hire of the van and petrol so there is one possible reason that might put others off too.

The other possible reason is that some may think their models not up to exhibition standard. Poppycock! It is the great variety of models that gives the spread and depth and interest in seeing them. So don't be put off on that score. OK so some may criticise lack of scale accuracy or finish........ it is easily ignored, its the achievement that counts. Horses for courses they say.

What do others think?

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Quite full and a traffic was 'orrible if you go by car. Agreed not that many models, the usual range of dealers and "offers".

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

yep. Agree that there were too many boats/yachts on show and not enough model engines. I thought that it was supposed to be an engineering show?

Reply to
Maurice Hood