sheet metal ender

Hi has anybody any plans for a sheet metal bender so I can form 18 swg ali about 1metre wide. Tony

Reply to
Tony Brazier

Some plans exist in the rec.metalworking (think that's right) group. Your difficulty on metal bending is thickness, length & hinge interference.

There was one design that avoided hinge interference, but you need a very chunky design to bend over 1 metre with complete uniformity.

Fortunately it's 18swg, not so bad (not like bending 10swg/3mm :-)

Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury

Tony

I've got some in a book - I'll email a copy of them to you tomorrow.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

: Tony : : I've got some in a book - I'll email a copy of them to you tomorrow. : : Charles : : Machine Mart stock clarkes models You can have mine for a tenner if you live in Kent ChrisR

Reply to
Chris

: Tony : : I've got some in a book - I'll email a copy of them to you tomorrow. : : Charles : Sorry meant to post that on the scroll former post I dont have a sheet metal bender !! ChrisR

Reply to
Chris

I copied mine from the syiks pickervant model and beefed it up some if you want a tight turn you need a cast one we bend 1m 22 gauge steel

could take some photos if you like

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

The best plans I have seen for a 1Metre bender up to 16swg are available in book form from Intermediate Technology Development Group who publish a lot of plans/advice on all aspects of technology for use in the third world. I have made a set of 1m sheet rollers from their designs and are very pleased with them and the 1m bender is one of my next projects.Do a search on Amazon for ITDG as publisher and sheet metal bending and the book you want will be there, it costs about £4.50.Get it you'll be glad you did!

Reply to
warrenengineering