Hi guys I just got a wicksteed power saw should it have oil in the tank or water

So I've just got my self a aicksteed hack saw the tank at the bottom is full of water I've cleaned it out could any one tel me what should it have in it as it was creeping down with water in it ?? Thanks jay

Reply to
Jay

So I've just got my self a Wicksteed hack saw the tank at the bottom is full of water I've cleaned it out could any one tell me what should it have in it as it was creeping down with water in it ?? Thanks jay

Our one at work uses soluble coolant. The valve that controls the rate of fall should be adjustable. The pump should raise the arm by a bit each stroke, which it then countered by the arm falling a slightly greater amount.

They'll probably work on neat oil rather than suds, but you'd have to adjust the valves for whatever you use. Don't run plain water, it'll wear the pump out.

Regards

Reply to
Mark Rand

I use this in mine:

Doesn't go off like soluble stuff does

Reply to
pcb1962

I wonder if this is the saw I was after on Ebay recently ??

Reply to
Emimec