I'm either a genius or an idiot

You forgot the gas-fired foundry :

cast iron pan with bottom cut out, clay flower pot, sand+cement between flower pot and pan. baked bean tin full of molten lead in flower pot place on hob DON'T FORGET TO TURN ON EXTRACTOR FAN

Reply to
bigegg

Taper turning attachment mandatory.

You might need a Boxford or Colchester student to mount the radius turning attachment if you like swede in your stews though.

NAMAS certificates for the Grade 0 granite worktops?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

They probably only play that record when they see you coming ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Scrappies have to be 'cultivated' , bloody hell most need it.

It's well worth it though for the gems that happen your way. Never, repeat, Never try to beat a scrappies down on price, take it as either yes or no and use the swings and roundabout routine.

What seems dear one time will seem cheap on others.

Ignore the fact that they have paid bugger all for that part or very little but work on the premise that "Is that worth that much to me ? " routine.

My best scrappie is that cultivated he drops his missus off at Asda and calls in for a coffee whilst she shopping. I've had some gems off this guy in my time.

One day he came round with a round head Colchester Student on the back. Came out of a special school where they had been making wooden pens on it ! Hardly used, coolant tank had never been filled, 4 jaw and steadies were still in wax wrapping paper. I asked him how much it had cost, answer was bugger al, they just wanted it moving. Then asked how much, answer was £250, done deal and lifted it off onto the yard, coffee gone he went on his way. Customer came round and asked if the lathe was for sale, yup £400

Done deal, loaded up and away. Next time he asked what happened to the lathe, I told him I sold it for £400. His reply ? We all have to make a living.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson