Instrument Case Wanted

Since I've now cobbled together my home made 3 phase convertor it could really do with a decent enclosure (like the proper ones from Transwave et al). Before distract myself and start to make one does anyone have anything suitable lying around that has "potential"? All ideas welcomed.......

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Sizes??

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Fairly flexible but starting at around 12 inches high, 12 inches deep and 16 inches wide. Doesn't matter if it's bigger or *not quite* those dimensions 'cos within reason I can orientate things differently to suit the case.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Small wheelie bin ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

OK, I'll have a dig in the stores.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

Peter

If you happen to find more than one enclosure like that, I'm also looking for a case for my converter ;-)

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

How about an old microwave from the nearest tip? All you'd need to do is remove all the innards & replace the glass with some expanded mesh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John.LloydUNSPAM

May, or may not, be a bit on the light weight side but we have a 19" rack mounting cabinet at work that is only slightly bigger than that. Un-used, will never be used (a colleague bought it for a project that turned into an embarrassment). Wall mounting if required. Transparent door, no ventilation holes (yet).

I can get a more accurate description when I get back to work on Monday. Let me know if you think it'll do the job.

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Now, _THAT's_ a good idea for one of my projects!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Just a word of warning: The magnetron supply capacitor in a microwave holds a VERY heavy charge at high voltage - You will only get to touch the terminals of a charged one the once!!! Exercise extreme care when disassembling old Microwaves. even when they've not been used for a couple of weeks.

snipped-for-privacy@cwcom.net wrote:

Jon Sutton

In , on 09/17/04 at 02:42 PM, Jon Sutton said: Rats! Jon,

You've gone & spoiled everything - Don't you know Charles has a nice Mark III Kerry whilst mine is only a MarkII ?!!!

John.LloydUNSPAM

Nice Kerry with a DRO fitted now just to make you even more jealous!

Probably a bit weedy when you take it apart. Now a redundant arc welder - that would be just the ticket!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping