Introduction and questions about mini lathes

Not having a go at all - merely suggesting that if you start making firearm components just check where you stand!

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

If you take a look at eBay,

Here's an example:

Saber

Reply to
tomgriffin

Guilty as charged! And it's strange how life turns out - I sort of retired about 6 years ago and intended to take up model-making - garden railways in particular, and looked to the Far East for a source of cheaper gauge one locos and rolling stock, and somehow or other it turned to this - I did get as far a building a track in the back garden, and have a Bachmann J94 loco with on-board power and remote control, but was planning some scratch-built models hence the need for a lathe and milling machine, but instead of one I bought one hundred, I think numbers tranlate badly into chinese - the little I know has got a bit rusty. I suppose having a lot of far eastern contacts has helped a bit. Sorry to ramble on but that what old geezers tend to do! Anyway, yes, that's me - harry being a nickname from my uni. days ( I vaguely remember)

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh

Hi Tom, one thing i can say is to get good advice from your father

friend, its one thing to get your knuckles rapped on a small lathe, bu some of the bigger lathes can cause serious injury if you are careless If you are going to turn thin disks on the lathe you might like t check out

, it shows my wheel blank turnin chuck and some other bits and pieces, regards Dav

-- DCree

this thread:

DCreed