Invertor Dirves

I've seen the invertors drives and 3 phase motors widely available for lathes & mills, but how small does this technology go. Are there small fractional hp motors that can be run from these drives?. Ideally I'm looking for a motor about 4" diameter x 8" long. It is to replace a variable speed DC motor as a cheaper alternative than a DC brushless servo motor (they are expensive!).

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

The smallest standard motor I have listed in my catalogue is a 56 A frame size.

specification

2 pole, 2730 RPM, or 4 pole 1340 RPM, 0.09 kW, 0.12 Hp

Diameter of rear cowl 110mm, foot to shaft centre 56 mm overall length 228 mm

Just a little bigger than your ideal...

these are 230 / 400 V motors which run fine with the smaller inverters if set to 230 V

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes