new ink jet paper decal sites just launched

Hi I have just found a new site selling decal paper for inkjet printers, they are the only UK supplier of thsi paper, great for model making etc..

Charlotte Gaisford

Well done! You've found the site of a business that operates from the same phone number as someone of exactly your surname. Who's a clever girl then?

Spammers are bad enough, but when they insult our intelligence with this " I have found..." nonsense....grrrrrr.

er... I can mention my trailer in my sig, can't I? ;-) Suitable for large models.

-- Kevin Poole

**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk) ** Tiltbed car transporter trailer hire - £25/ day. Near Derby. May even tow it for you.
Reply to
Autolycus

Shame because that (obvious spamming) will have got peoples backs up, when their products might actually be of use to some people here. Also a shame that they haven't gone to a bit more trouble to get their spelling & grammar right......

Cheers im

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

In message , Charlotte Gaisford writes

Cut and pasted from the above web site.........

"Congratulations! You are now looking at the web site of the only UK supplier of ink jet water-slip decals."

I don't think so! - The subject was well aired in this NG around 25/26 August 2002, and at that time, certainly, there were other suppliers.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

I don't recall that and I have been looking for such things for some time. I can't find the old thread to which you refer and the original post for this thread didn't make it past my news provider. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Wouldn't surprise me very much if it turns out that you could make your own version of this transfer paper relatively easily - sounds like it is basically just paper with a coating of water-based paste on one side (wallpaper paste for example). Might be worth a spot of experimentation...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Roland,

Google back on this ... uk.rec.models.engineering ... news group to the dates I mentioned and you will find ay least two addresses. I looked again this evening.

I bought a box (Kit) marked SuperCal water slide decal system which I found satisfactory, but dear. Basically it contained the 'water slide' paper and a small tin of some sort of lacquer spray.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Personally I found the information useful - more useful than the add for trailer hire on Autolycus email. It would have been more honest to own up to being the seller, though.

Reply to
Tim Christian

Kevin could always kill two birds with one stone and put decal transfers on this trailer advertising the hire service

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Just goes to show how misleading advertising can be - they may well be the only supplier of that *brand* of paper; just not the only supplier of that *type* of paper. The wording was sufficiently unclear that it could mean the former while implying the latter.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I also found supercal and found them very helpful when I had problems with the ink bleeding into the spray. Sent me a free pack of paper from the States. Unfortunately, never did solve the bleeding problem without changing inks.

Reply to
Colin MacEke

If you say so Tony ! :)

Reply to
Mike Whittome

What about

I only know from the package That I bought a week ago (I have no connection with this company) they have waterslide decal paper Brian ">

Reply to
brian clode

Hobbies have supplied me in the past, both inkjet and laser.

Phil. (ps. I have no link to them)

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.models.engineering ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Phil

Hi

I saw your thread about my post and I own up to being the naughty gir trying to draw attention to my new site, sorry!!!! But I have to say that the decals are new and improved A4 size and the are at a good price (good Value). They are impossible to make your sel as they are paper backed with a thin film whcih the graohic is printe on. I have got another site

which ha been brilliant but we got alot of men buying the decals so that is wh we made a more man-friendly site. There are other brands of decals ou there but they are probably from the states and are all us letter size Sorry to have added Spam but I thought you might be interested in good priced UK supplier Thanks Charlott

- Tcgaisfor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums Visit us at

Tcgaisford

ISTR that back in the 70's we made our own. Start with heavy glued brown paper tape, add a layer of aircraft dope, then the decal (could probably use an ink jet printer now?), then another layer of aircraft dope. Use within 48 hours. The decals slide off in water.

OK, this is a mischievous post as I hate spammers blagging their way onto newsgroups on the "I have just found..." approach.

That said I would rather make my own using the above, after following this thread...

Merry Christmas Chaps and Chapesses, see you all at Wembley/Sandown (if only to escape doing cold turkey)

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

In article , Tcgaisford writes

(Snip Spam)

You'd be wrong then, at least in my case. I have a hard and fast rule of

*never* doing business with spammers, and *always* reporting them to their ISP.
Reply to
Nigel Eaton