Ink-Jet Decal Paper

Does anyone know if there is a decal paper for use with ink-jet printers that is CLEAR where nothing is printed? I have Hobby-Cal, and it dries white, which is a real detriment for use on cars...

Reply to
Frank Eva

I've bought clear decal paper from Walthers. It's not cheap, though.

Reply to
CowGoesMoo

C> I've bought clear decal paper from Walthers. It's not cheap, though.

MicroMart

also sells Ink-Jet Decal Paper, both clear and white, along with a spray to coat and protect it. Be careful: you

*cannot* just soak the decals (as you would for commercial decals). Wet some paper towel and use this to just barely dampen the decals -- just enough to loosen them. Be *very* sparing with the setting solution (or use none). MicroMart sells a sample kit: two sheets, one white and one clear with a can of the spray.

\/ Robert Heller ||InterNet: snipped-for-privacy@cs.umass.edu

|| snipped-for-privacy@deepsoft.com
/\FidoNet: 1:321/153

Reply to
Robert Heller

Thanks for the tip!

Reply to
Frank Eva
[This followup was posted to rec.models.railroad and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Bel Inc. makes a pretty good product.

You do have to coat it with clear Krylon after printing and you cannot use Microset or Microsol on it as it will ruin the decal. The decals are fairly thin and ply able so you can press them to get them to conform over rivets. Best ink jet decal paper I have found so far.

Best Regards,

Ken Harstine

Reply to
Ken Harstine