LH threads on a Warco BV20

I have a Warco BV20 lathe. This does not cut LH treads.

I notice that Axminster also sell a lathe also called a BV20 and as far as I can tell from a close inspection of the manual it is identical to my Warco machine, apart from the labels and the positioning of the oil level site.

However the Axminster model has the necessary idler wheel that allows it to cut LH threads. I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the idler wheel assembly from the Axminster to a Warco to add this feature.

Is anyone on the NG sufficiently familiar with the two models to know if this is possible?

Alternatively has anyone on the NG designed an idler gear assembly for the Warco machine to add the capability?

Thanks

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Bryant