metric fine taps

Any suggestions for supplier (mail order or online) for metric fine taps, specifically 4.5mm x 0.5mm pitch which I find I need to cut for a gas filler valve. The only place I've found is

and at £16.50 each (plus

3% card surcharge + VAT) I think they're extracting the urine.
Reply to
Andy Parker

M4.5? Thats a tough one and very bastard size. J&L don't list any 4.5 in fine, they have plenty of M4 x 0.5 from about £2 up.

Try Tracey Tools maybe.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

You could try Tracy tools. They don't have it on their website

it mght be worth a phone call.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

My tracey tools catalogue lists M4.5 x 0.75 but no other pitches in M4.5.

Alan Bain

Reply to
Alan Bain

Cheers Guys, Tracy tools seems to be the concensus! I ground a tool a bit like a boring bar from some 6mm tool steel and cut the thread on the lathe - gently! it is only in brass after all. It's airtight at 50psi so I think I'll get away with it - loctite can't do any harm though!

Tis a b****y stupid size though.

Reply to
Andy Parker