MEW Small update, 'publishers are in administration'

In November I took out a subscription to MEW. I found 'isubscribe.co.uk' whilst browsing and as they offered a discount I paid using a debit card. Their acknowledgement email mentioned that it might take 4 to 6 weeks for the first issue. In january I emailed to Highbury several times but just got automated replies.

Over the weekend I emailed to isubscribe, below is the reply got.

Ian Phillips

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email. Like you, I have attempted to call the publisher, however I have been advised that the Highbury Home Entertainment offices are closed due to administrational issues. There is an automated message on the number I have provided for your records below.

I have also been in touch with my contact at Highbury who has confirmed that there is a delay in processing orders, but that they will be processed and delivered in due course. Unfortunately this is the first I have heard of this. I do not expect the delay to be more than 4 weeks, however I am unable to confirm at this stage.

Highbury Home Entertainment T: 0870 444 8682 OR T: 0870 837 8668

I sincerely apologise for the delay. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

iSUBSCRiBE.co.uk

Reply to
Ian Phillips

This is what the FT reported on Saturday:

"Highbury House in administration By Emiko Terazono Published: January 21 2006 02:00 | Last updated: January 21 2006 02:00

Highbury House Communications has been placed under administrative receivership, with Ernst & Young, the receivers, agreeing to the sale of two of the publisher's subsidiaries.

The indebted publisher put its assets up for sale this month after it gave up attempts to restructure its business. Highbury's shares were suspended in December and Kelvin MacKenzie, former editor of The Sun, resigned as the publisher's executive chairman.Emiko Terazono"

Anyone want to start selling UK subscriptions to Home Shop Machinist at sensible prices?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Here ya go..

Works out about £23.00 for six bi-monthly issues.

A lot higher quality production than the glossy tissue paper MEW uses.

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile:

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

Well, I just got the "Dear John" letter from Ernst & Young, who have been appointed as the administrators. I am a creditor (they owe me for articles printed in issue #111) so they were writing to kindly inform me that "...We consider it unlikely that there will be any surplus available for creditors....." Not surprising considering the size of the outstanding debt after selling off the good bits, I guess.

Ho hum.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

'isubscribe.co.uk'

inform

Several of the cups and trophies awarded at the Sandown M E belong to SM&EE but are at times held by the publishers. This year they have all been awarded so are in the hands of model engineers - good eh !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So they are in breach of copy write then if you haven't been paid ? I wonder how they will go about deleting your articles. An SAS strike on W H Smiths ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

One assumes that Ernst & Young have no difficulty getting their invoices paid!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Theere's got to be a reason to be an accountant!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree