Milling Carbon Fibre Tube

I need to mill slots in some 2mm thick carbon fibre tube (made from woven carbon cloth) - the slots need to be 2.5mm wide - so I guess I'm looking for a 2.5mm Tungsten carbide mill bit?

Any ideas where I could get one?

Reply to
Steve R

Google

Reply to
Tom

which branch?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Pass, I'm not an arborist.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

J&L Industrial

has them at a price.

The nice lady who has a stall at just about every ME exhibition also does them at about GBP2 each. I've got her address at home somewhere if you need it.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

J.B.Cutting Tools The Cottages Hundall Sheffield S18 4BP

01246 418110

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

John Stevenson said

I've called that number at least 20 times over the past 6 months at all manner of times of the day (and evening) and never had an answer. I was hoping that this thread might just provide a number that someone answered at sometime :(

It seems that they don't have an e-mail address.

JG

Reply to
JG

Don't know what the problem is then. Just rang Jenny about 5 minutes ago and she answered. Email address is snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

To make fin slots? Don't, surface mount them. You'll end up with a much stronger fin can.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Any sharp milling cutter should cut carbon fibre tube. It's strong in tension, but cuts easily. I built a kit car that had a carbon fibre dash and had no trouble cutting it at all.

Cheers Mark

Reply to
Mark W