ML7 Feed problem

I`d like a couple of pints from the fountain of knowledge please: I`m having trouble engaging the carriage feed on my ML7,as in it won`t.Well not very easily anyway.It does finally start to move if you hold the lever down long enough its had the problem since I got it but recently its got worse / more annoying any suggestions as to possible causes gratefully received.Also what is the screw underneath the apron for (the one with the spring under the head) for ? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Mark Higham

In message , Mark Higham writes

Strip down the apron and make sure the two halves of the nut are not clogged up with swarf would be my best advice..

This controls the depth of engagement of the two halves of the nut. Operating the lever on the apron brings the two halves together to "grip" the leadscrew and engage the feed.

If this screw is out of adjustment it could cause the problem you describe but my best guess would be a clogged "threads" in the half nuts.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale

Thanks Pat,I`ll give that a try