Myford Rodney - maximum speed ?

I am running a super 7, with a Rodney Mini Milling attachment, I need to drill some very small holes (1mm) in 304 stainless and have not been having much success so decided to try upping the speed by changing the first belt between the motor & clutch, but when I connect the Rodney at this speed it runs very erratically fast then slows for about 30 seconds before the safety switch pops.

Any thoughts ?

Paul

Reply to
oldlock