Name for lozenge head screws

I have a small FJ Edwards guillotine likely for jewellers as the blade
is about 6.25" wide and I have just made a guide to suit the T slot to
keep the sheet square to the blade. The T slot has blind ends and the
only way a T nut could be inserted would be to dismantle the guillotine.
I have seen in the past screws with lozenge shaped heads which allow
them to be inserted into the narrow upper section of the T slot and then
rotated to engage the wider slot but don't know what they're called,
I've tried searching and haven't found anything. I made my own in the
end and all works fine but it would be useful to know what they're
called if I need any more in the future.
Reply to
David Billington
Loading thread data ...
perhaps this search might be of help.
formatting link
Reply to
Thanks for that, now I have an idea what they're called for future reference. The T slot has a 1/2" narrow width so an off the shelf solution wasn't suitable because of various constraints so I ended up making my own with an M6 thread as a M6 indexing clamp handle was small enough to clear various other features on the guillotine.
Reply to
David Billington

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.