Newbie project

Now going to have a go at some jenny callipers got some stainless steel from a mates scrap bin, Is this medium ok? Is there any specific tequinigues use for stainless?ie hack saw blade tpi etc.? Thanks Colin.

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

In message , Colin Jacobs writes

[snip]
[snip] Aaarrrghhh! Beware other people's scrap boxes they can contain nests of vipers. Stainless steel covers a very wide spectrum of materials most of which are pretty intractable from the amateurs point of view. A bit like saying I've got a dog when it could be anything from a timber-wolf to miniature Mexican hairless.

If you live anywhere near the Midlands try a visit to the Leamington exhibition this week-end and pick up some mild steel sheet.

Reply to
Mike H

"Mike H" wrote

Anyone know what the correct link is, I just get a DNS error for that link or variations there of.

Thanks

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead