motor contactor - help with replacement please

motor contactor on my lathe has just died (lots of smoke and then ...) can anybody please help me with selecting of the correct RS replacement? old one has following connections:

53/54 61/62 71/72 83/84 and 13/14 23/24 33/34 43/44 as well as A1 and A2

there are following descriptions on the body

300V ac HD 10 amp 240V ac 3,2hp 3-ph

AC1:20A AC3:

220/2,2 380/4 500/4 V/kW AC11:6A 380V, 4A 500V

footprint (fixing holes)35x50mm

hopefully some kind soul can point me in the direction of straightforward identical replacement? thanks Chris

Reply to
bambuko

Try

EF

did some googling and: original is K0-62E from Iskra and details can be found on

don't have distributor in UK , so the question remains... is there equivalent part from somebody else that would do the same job?

thanks Chris

Reply to
bambuko

That is a control relay you have there.If it was a motor contactor it would have an AC3 rating.It looks like a four pole relay with 4NO + 4NC contacts so any four pole relay with the correct rating and coil voltage would do.You may have to mount it on a bit of Din rail if you cannot get one with mounting holes in the right places. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

Mark, thanks for replying but it has AC3 rating (see my first posting) and quote below "... AC3:

220/2,2 380/4 500/4 V/kW AC11:6A 380V, 4A 500V..."

not that I know much about contactors :-)

as far as I know it is 8 pole contactor (see also link to original pdf page)

thanks Chris

Reply to
bambuko

Chris,sorry didn`t link in my mind the AC3 and the numbers beneath it.Anyway what you have is the following:-

53-54 Normally Open contact (NO) 61-62 Normally Closed contact (NC) 71-72 NC 83-84 NO 13-14 NO 23-24 NO 33-34 NO 43-44 NO So you want a contactor to suit your AC3 rating and coil voltage with an auxillary contact block with two NO and two NC contacts.This would be available from most electrical wholesalers or RS. The numbering system works like this,the first digit designates the position of the contact and the second digit specifies whether it is NO or NC.3 and 4 are NO and 1 and 2 are NC. Hope this helps. regards,Mark.
Reply to
mark

Mark, thanks! this was exactly the kind of help I needed. I should have no problem finding alternative now best rgrds Chris

Reply to
bambuko