OT: Financial Reality

Feeling a little peeved that I cant even give the Atlas lathe away and being very partial to a good Cornish pasty, to make me feel better
I thought I would ring the best shop I know in Tintagel to see if they deliver. Yes me dear we do a next day delivery service but can only do it for a minimum of 12 with a delivery charge. So 36 plus 9.50 to deliver pm tomorrow. *!**% - 45.50 for 10 more Pasties than I can eat (they are huge and dont freeze well), thanks but I will take a rain check on that. Put the phone down and contemplate, 380 mile round trip, Severn bridge toll and at least a bottle of pop and a bar of chocolate for the journey Hey thats about 47. What a world we live in? Guess Ill wait for a day or two for her ears to stop ringing and get back on the phone. :-)
Regards
Hungry of Wales
On 10 Dec, 15:54, jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You're in wales what about welsh oggies, pasties the size of a dinner plate for under 2
http://www.welshoggie.co.uk/Contactus.asp
available in every deli in the high street Prestatyn ...(you got to be quick though ..they sell out after 12 noon....remember next time, you're up this way.
all the best.mark
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:20:17 -0800 (PST), mark

Welsh???
Original Welsh Oggie Company Chacombe Banbury Oxfordshire OX17 2JW

Must have picked the wrong link or there are other oggie companies
Far as i knew they were made here .. Original Welsh Oggie Peter Williams, 43 Moors Bank, St Martins, Oswestry, Wrexham, SY10 7BG
or
They must be branching out ... like Kentucky fried chicken
all the best.mark
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:28:24 -0800 (PST), mark

Tel no 01295 713 xxx - a Banbury number :-)

Hmmm...bottled Bara Lawr next it will be.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:54:21 -0800 (PST), jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Even better...take a trip down there, load up the boot of the car with said comestibles, then you can set up a stall in the service station car-parks on the way back. So you get your pasty, bottle of pop, and choccy bar *and* the petrol paid out of the profit...
Regards, Tony

Well there speaks an entrepreneur, but given these hard times I'm not sure the bank will extend sufficient credit for me to start, and then there is the food preparation license that I don't have (I was told once that taking food from "catering" type packaging and re-packing as individual portions counted as "preparation") Not sure if he was right though as when the "team" (Rugby) told him to p****s off he never came back?? Obviously I would also need a license to sell from the car park - it's a wonder anyone ever starts anything in this country.
Regards
Keith
On 10 Dec, 15:54, jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

btw ..i dont remember your post about giving this lathe away ....where abouts are you ..i may be interested, if you are close enough.
all the best.markj

Mark, about 15 minutes from junction 35 of the M4 so a bit far I suspect for a special journey if you are buying your Oggies from Prestatyn high street. Good point about Oggies but they seem very few and far between down here and the ones I have tried seem to be swimming in gravy. I'll try again when I'm out next time if I can find a deli that has something other than couscous and various "bird seeds".
Regards
Keith
BLACK PUDDING
Yummie..............
John S.
In article

Oh, hell yes.
I had a mixed grill to die from at my local pub a week or so back and there was black pudding and kidneys hiding under the lamb chop. The chips had to come on a separate plate, there wasn't room on the meat plate. And it was completely salad-free.
I could *hear* my arteries silting up as I scoffed the lot, washed down with a couple of pints of very well-kept Abbot.
Bloody marvellous.
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are an X3 mill, a

I have worked out that it's a compromise. Do you eat what you enjoy and shuffle off this moral coil before the guarantee has run out on the ML7 ? Or do you watch what you eat, take care of your miserable self only to go gaga in the last few years and don't know sod all about it anyway.
From personal observations crowd one is a far better species than crowd two, who are usually to be found with others of the flat earth society. My pet theory is that the experts are right and it's based on the arteries. Clogged up and you get flooded, reach pre-ignition and throw a rod.
Too clear and the excess grey cells run down your neck, down the left hand side and finish up in your feet with the result you are suffering from Altzimers. This can be proved by treading on one of the flat earth society members feet at a show and listen to the hassle as they try to remember who you are.
It's all down to a balanced diet.
Try a full blown fried full english breakfast, two sticky Belgium buns or three jam donuts and a small glass of diet coke, quick fart, shake of the trouser leg and get on with life............
John S.
John S wrote:

John, Thank you for painting such wonderful mental images for me!
Bob
In article

Stornoway Black Pudding
Even more yummy
Donald

Is that the one made from the blood of Sassenachs?
Regards, Tony
On 10 Dec, 19:45, jontom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hell of a way... sorry..........rather go to the other-side of London to pick something up, than there.
I picked a pantograph engraver up, from down your way..
Nightmare of a journey back ... LPG stations rare ..and had to go on to petrol ..carb was ruined because it had dried out the seals months back ..cost me 25 of petrol to drive 20 miles to the next LPG station.
all the best.and good luck.mark
All the best.markj
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:32:54 -0800 (PST), mark
A few cans of baked beans & a bit of plumbing would have sorted that out...
Regards, Tony