Manchester - London/South East anyone

I've just bought a small Kennedy hacksaw via a well known engineering buy and sell website. The problem is that it's in Marple, Cheshire and I'm not. I don't suppose anyone goes to or from Manchester to London/Suffolk/Home Counties do they? If you do and have space in the boot of your car please get in touch.

thanks

Charles

Charles Ping

Hi Charles,

I expect to be doing a round trip on 21st April. Southampton - Gloucester (do a days work) then onto Manchester to deliver a piece of machinery in the evening and then back to Southampton. Whereabouts in London would you want it dropped off. I don't think I could include suffolk in a single day run and stay sane/awake!

Another option might be to pass it on via a mate of mine who does Southampton - Ingatestone Essex weekly.Maybe you could collect from there?

Would any of this help?

Regards

Bob bobdotminchinatntlworlddotcom

Reply to
Bob Minchin

engineering

Charles,

Not going to Marple, but if your Kennedy happens to travel past a certain Mr Stevenson's establishment in Long Eaton I have a box there to come to Bromley, and you are very welcome to use here (Bromley) as a staging post for the hacksaw if it helps.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Harrogate is only 4 weeks away. I dare say there will be plenty of swapping and changing around this time. I'm due for a visit from Peter Forbes and Tim Leech in the next week or so.

I'll be going up to Harrogate on the Saturday this year, not Friday and so far I have a nearly empty van. Don't plan any buying big stuff so if anyone wants the M1 / Leeds / A1 Harrogate route covering give me a shout.

As an aside I called in to an engineering company near Mansfield last week picking bits up for Tim and myself. This company make nothing but soft jaws for chucks.

Small one man band but nice work and nice prices.

If you haven't used soft jaws before they are nice to work with. Mainly for repition work but there is no reason why you can't replace a set of worn jaws with ones made from soft jaws. I bought a set of 10" jaws for a chuck with a broken jaw. Bison / Toolmex want nearly £100 for one set, 28 quid sounded a lot better to me plus I get to put my own steps on.

It's an old website so the email is not valid. The guys name is Phil and his address is snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Usual no connection bullshit and all that.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I wonder if this is how TNT got started?

regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

In message , Kevin Steele writes

Just maybe... :-)

I do North Shropshire to Maidenhead, Berkshire and back about twice a month on average, although this is very variable. Some months it's four times, others, not at all. I nearly always have room for whatever will fit on the back seat or in the boot of a Renault 21 and that two people can lift. I don't mind going slightly out of my way either. I travel A41 -> M54 -> M6 -> M5 -> M42 -> M40 -> A404 and back again. I could be persuaded to use the M6/M1 instead of the M40.

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

I travel Bristol to Kent (Canterbury) about once a month during spring, summer & autumn. I'm usually pretty laden, but if anyone wanted fairly small stuff transported, let me know off list.

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

We are going to Stockton on Tees, Leeds and Preston tomorrow, and can call at Marple on the way to John S, as long as it is a daytime collection, I have to get back to the factory to collect another van load for Tuesday night delivery to Tyseley in Brum, so we cannot wait until the end of the day for going-home time to collect.

If that is of any help, let me know, together with location details, phone number etc etc.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

engineering

Peter,

If you could pick that box of bits up for me from John Stevenson it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Why else whould I be going there??? :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Geez.... it's half the bl**dy van full !! John said that he had a sort through of some old drives and stuff, and found a couple of stillages of other stuff that you could also have, now that you are clearing your workshop out.

It all fitted in the van OK, we can take two euro pallets in there, so I'll see you later in the week. How are you going to unload this lot??

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

It's ok Peter - I've been down to the local Council Planners and they've ok'ed a three high stack of 40 foot containers, and one of those impressive travelling container loader cranes that you see on docks. I just hope that the neighbours don't come back from their holiday until its all in place

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson