OT: Timing pulleys

Gentlemen,
If you saw a reference Tx relating to timing belts or pulleys would you know
what it refers to as I cant find any detail anywhere.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Is this referring to a parameter T in the x direction (is there a T y too perhaps) or is x the unknown quantity. Can you post a reference to set it in context please.
regards
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
unfortunately I have been by asked by a friend and all he said was 30 Tx.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
camp> unfortunately I have been by asked by a friend and all he said was 30 Tx. > Torx Screw size, used on some adjustable vernier pulleys to allow the outer an inner to be moved relative to each other?
Dave
Reply to
dave sanderson
The only use I've found of 'T' is as 't' with no subscript referring to the tooth pitch. common values are 3,5,8 and 14. 30 would be an enormous belt. You can see typical data on RSwww.com but I did not find any Tx
Do let us know if you find out - I'm curious now.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
T(x) is probably the number of teeth on the pulley.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Peter A Forbes
Synchroflex metric belts have a T** designation, but (T2, T2.5, T5 etc), but not as big as 30. The number is the tooth pitch in mm. They use 'Z' for tooth count (German Zahn=tooth)
Richard
Reply to
Richard