Phosphour bronze

I'm helping a friend to sort out manufacturing some new oil pump skew gears for an oldish car. A key requirement is that the gear on the pump is "sacrifical" thereby not wearing the camshaft gear (which is v difficult to replace.) My initial thoughts were to use Colphos but having seen a gear designed for a similar purpose on a different car (manufacturer sadly unknown) Colphos is probably too hard. I'm thinking of PB102 which should be softer. Does anyone have any observations or experience of this sort of usage?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

re pb for gears. why not use fibre as used in Myford gears? Remember that this was used on old speedo drives for motorcycle in the days of hand gear change! ie driven from the front wheel.

Reply to
Maurice Hood