Plus one for ALDI and nearly minus one for ALDI

Did a bit of concrete work this weekend. Used the ALDI Chinese copy demolition hammer for the first time.
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_5019.htm
Very impressed! It may just be that it's new and the steel hasn't been re-sharpened many times without re-hardening, but it performed far better than any of the medium breakers that I've hired and as well or better than any of the heavy electric breakers that I've hired over the last twenty years.
Use it twice and the purchase cost is written off against hiring :-)
Also had cause to use a 9" diamond wheel from the same source. This was no better than it should be cutting four year old concrete with flint+quartz aggregate in it... On the other hand, IIRC it was three quid and will last about half as long as one of my ú40 brand-name wheels. So maybe it isn't such a bad bargain after all. In fact, when I see them again, I'll probably stock up.
All in all, quite a pleasant weekend.
Mark Rand RTFM
Add pictures here
Ôťľ
Been using those 9" wheels for a while now doing my half scale model of Milton Keynes in the back garden. So far I have managed to cut up 25 pallets of regurgitated York stone paving on three disks, only got 31 pallets left to go..................
http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/paving.jpg
John S.
Mark Rand wrote:

Add pictures here
Ôťľ
Gosh. And it's only a half-scale model? ;-)
John
Been using those 9" wheels for a while now doing my half scale model of Milton Keynes in the back garden. So far I have managed to cut up 25 pallets of regurgitated York stone paving on three disks, only got 31 pallets left to go..................
http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/paving.jpg
John S.
Mark Rand wrote:

Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 15/06/2008
Ôťľ

They don't use the same technology at all. It's extremely complicated and expensive to print Seco, Sandvik, Valenite etc. on the boxes.
Mark Rand RTFM
Add pictures here
Ôťľ